Neobux

Sunday, February 22, 2009

My precious… Nokia 5800 (Intro 2)

Price
I got my phone at only RM1350, less than RRP. Some user even claimed the price can be as low as RM1280. With my budget, for a phone this price actually quite expensive (>RM1,000). However, for all the features, it is a good bargain.

A quick glimpse at the spec:
  • 3.2-inch touchscreen display with 16 Million colors
  • 3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus
  • Quad-band (850/900/1800/1900Mhz) GSM/EDGE radio
  • 3G UMTS/HSDPA
  • Bluetooth 2.0
  • WiFi
  • GPS
  • 3.5mm headphone jack
  • TV-out port
  • 81MB internal memory (expandable to 16Gb with mciroSD)
  • 111 x 51.5 x 15.5 mm
  • Video Support : H.263, Flash Video, H.264/AVC, MPEG-4, RealVideo 7,8,9/10, WMV 9
  • Audio Support : AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, MP4, M4A, WMA, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, Mobile XMF, SP-MIDI, MIDI, RealAudio 7,8,10, True tones, WAV
For more details, visit this link.

3.2" Touchscreen
The screen is superb. Although this is my first touch phone, I have no problem navigate with one hand and the screen is responsive. I still get confuse to touch once or twice to open or run a program or shortcut but I found it much faster to navigate in touchscreen environment if compare with non-touchscreen (key pad). (The response is much faster in V20)

Another thing about the screen is it 640x360 resolution or known as nHD screen. With it supports of MPEG4, I can watch video smoothly with my Tube. However, all video must be converted to 5800 compatible format.



High memory capacity
Last time I thought 2Gb is enough. But now 16Gb? 5800 comes with 8Gb microSD memory card but it also can support up to 16Gb microSD. So, it means more musics and videos can be cramp into the phone. I tried storing mp3 and .mp4 file to 90% of the 8Gb microSD. The first time refreshing in Music Payer it takes around 4-5 minutes to read all the new sound files. After that, it takes only a few seconds to open. So far, I have never faced any "hang" when accessing the memory card.

The Built
5800 place firmly in my hand. The size is suitable for my daily usage and easier to carry around (not bulky). However, the front cover look like from low quality plastic. It squeak when I pressed the front cover and at night, a can see small gap with light leaking.

However the back cover is secure tightly and hard to open which is good for me. But I don't like the camera cover design. As you can see in the picture, no swipe/slip cover like N73me. The plastic cover, I believe, may reduce the amount of light penetrate through the lens, so with lower light. the higher the noise in the picture.


Interface
The interface is same like any other S60 phone. Because last time I own a N73Me, so I rearrange the shortcut to be similar like N73 interface. I use Shortcut Bar instead of Contact Bar. I just hope that the calendar in the home screen can reflect the exact date.



No comments:

Post a Comment